The Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) provides small grants to teams of past and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs to carry out public service projects using the skills and knowledge they gained during their exchange experiences.
Since it began in 2011, AEIF has supported more than 360 alumni-led initiatives around the world and reached millions of people both directly and indirectly through trainings, awareness campaigns, and leadership and empowerment programs. In 2017, the State Department awarded 68 grants of up $25,000 to alumni teams worldwide to support their public service projects. From mentoring youth in social entrepreneurship to creating clubs that promote religious tolerance and peaceful coexistence, alumni around the world are leading their communities with innovative solutions to global challenges.
2018 AEIF Timeline
- Thursday, March 1: The AEIF competition begins at 14:00 ET (U.S. Eastern Time, i.e. New York)! Alumni may start submitting proposals and budgets.
- Thursday, March 29: The deadline for AEIF proposals and budget forms is 14:00 pm ET (U.S. Eastern Time, i.e. New York). This is the final and only deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- April & May: Eligible proposals will be reviewed and evaluated.
- July: AEIF 2018 finalist* projects will be announced.
- August: 2018 AEIF winners* will be announced!