The State Department created the Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) in 2011 to support alumni initiatives that promote shared values and innovative solutions to global challenges. The competition provides small grants to teams of past and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs to carry out public service projects that utilize skills and knowledge they have gained through their exchange experiences. To participate, alumni must be members of the International Exchange Alumni (IEA) global online community and form teams of at least five IEA community members. Proposed projects must embody one of the AEIF themes. In 2014, 66 grants of up $25,000 were awarded to alumni teams to support their public service projects.
Log in to view the 2014 winners.
The following themes were selected for AEIF 2015:
- Empowering Women and Girls
- Social Inclusion of Vulnerable Populations
- Entrepreneurship and Youth Employment
- Access to Education
- Climate Change and Environmental Protection
- Global Health Awareness
- Civic Participation
- Conflict Resolution
Below you will find the AEIF 2015 Timeline:
- Tuesday, February 3: AEIF Launches at Noon ET
- Tuesday, February 25: AEIF Proposal Forms Due by Noon ET
- Tuesday, March 10: AEIF Finalists Announced, Finalist Phase Opens at Noon ET
- Tuesday, March 31: AEIF Final Proposals Due by Noon ET
- Monday, May 11: AEIF 2015 Winners Announced!