Note: This competition is only open to alumni of ECA's Professional Fellows Program who participated in the program between 2010-2017.
2019 Professional Fellows Program Alumni Impact Award
The U.S. Department of State will recognize AIA winners at the 2019 Professional Fellows Congresses in Washington, D.C. AIA winners will engage with approximately 300 current PFP participants in all Congress activities to include:
- Participating in an AIA panel
- Interacting with PFP participants informally during meals and breaks
- Telling PFP success stories for use in ECA social media and other possible media engagements
- Be ECA PFP alumni who participated in the program between 2010 and 2017.
- Demonstrate how the PFP experience enhanced your ability to make a positive impact on your community, country, or region.
- Be available to travel to Washington, D.C. for either the Spring PFP Congress (May 26-31, 2019) or the Fall PFP Congress (November 18-23, 2019).
- Commit to full participation in the PFP Congress and abide by the award terms and conditions.
- Not be dual U.S. citizens or LPRs (non-U.S. Fellows only).
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the online 2019 AIA application by 11:59 pm, EST Monday, February 18, 2019. Incomplete applications will be ineligible. Complete applications include:
- Your resume or curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from the organization that arranged your PFP fellowship
- Letter of recommendation from the organization in which you were placed for your fellowship (non-U.S. fellows only)
- A professional reference from your country describing how participation in PFP enhanced the impact of your work (limit of no more than 250 words)
A selection committee within the State Department will evaluate applications. Top-ranked applicants will be contacted for a phone or video interview in mid-March.
The award covers the following expenses: Roundtrip economy airfare from your home to Washington, D.C., health benefits under a J-1 visa for foreign awardees, meals, and five nights of hotel accommodation at the PFC.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.