As part of the U.S. Department of State’s Climate Crisis Communications Campaign, we are seeking 20-second videos from exchange alumni who would be willing to speak about the need for world leaders to take ambitious steps to combat the climate crisis. Alumni may also talk about why they are passionate about tackling the climate crisis.
These videos will serve as a scene setter in the lead up to the United Nations Climate Change Conference in November 2021. Speakers of all genders, age, and ethnic diversity are welcome.
The deadline to submit your video to this Box link is Friday, June 25 by 5:00 PM EST.
Your brief video should answer one of the following questions:
- Why is now the time for world leaders to work together to boldly tackle the climate crisis?
- Why do you care about tackling the climate crisis?
Begin your response by putting the question in your answer:
- Example: “Combating the climate crisis today matters because...”
- Example: “Working together to solve the climate crisis is important because...”
- Example: “World leaders can’t afford to put off climate action any longer because...”
Video Submission Requirements:
- Each video should be no more than 20 seconds in length
- All submissions must be in English
- Anyone who submits a video must also fill out a waiver/consent form
- Submissions are open to foreign or U.S. video contributors