The Vital Voices GROW Fellowship (VV GROW) is a leading global accelerator program for women owners of small and medium sized businesses. Throughout the 12-month virtual program, participants will gain customized business skills, leadership development training, and access to professional networks of more than 18,000 women leaders around the world. Applications for the program are now open and will be considered until December 15.
Despite the proven benefits of women’s economic engagement, women business owners face disproportionate barriers in growing their businesses. These barriers can include difficulty accessing professional business networks, a lack of technology and training, and often unequal protection under the law.Vital Voices, an implementing partner of the U.S. Department of State, is a non-governmental organization that partners with female leaders to support women’s economic empowerment, women’s political participation, and human rights worldwide.
Throughout VV Grow, female participants will engage in action-oriented strategic plans to help address these barriers and to continue to grow their businesses, while gaining invaluable skills in strategic planning, financial management, strategic communications, and leadership.
The VV GROW Fellowship is exclusively for women who lead or own a for-profit business. The fellowship includes a $1,500 participation fee.
A limited number of need and merit-based scholarships will be available, and details will be provided in the notifications of acceptance into the program. You can access the VV Grow Fellowship application on their site here.
Who can apply for the VV Grow Fellowship?
Women entrepreneurs or social entrepreneurs who:
- Own a qualifying business that…
- Have been operating this business for at least 3 years
- Employs at least 3 full time staff including the applicant (or the equivalent of 3 full time staff in part times taff)
- Generates at least US $40,000 in annual sales•Are proficient in spoken and written English
- Have demonstrated leadership, key decision-making authority within their business and manage the business on an ongoing basis
- Have a commitment toward making positive social impact and an interest in expanding their social impact
- If you are involved in more than one business, the above criteria must apply to the business that you would like to focus on during the fellowship